
So Josh and I just got back from a trip with Divisi to Los Angeles. Divisi competed in the Intenational Championship of Collegiate A Cappella while we were down there and placed 2nd, which wasn't what we were hoping for but we're excited about it regardless. Divisi had a blast all being down there together and even got to go to Disneyland for a day. But what made this trip in particular so amazing, was watching my fiance be so unbelievably amazing!
What did he do that was so amazing, you ask?... Well, he volunteered himself to drive a 15 passenger van full of 11 college aged girls, me and one other girl followed in our car, all the way down to and around LA! That in itself was enough for me to love him and appreciate him even more than I already did, but he did it with more patience than I could ever dream of having. He stayed calm in situations, he problem solved and figured things out, and took control of situations that needed a leader, and all 13 of them still loved him! All the girls just fell in love with him, and he had way more fun than he thought he would.
I just couldn't get over how much better of a person he is than I will ever be when it comes to having patience and solving problems in a calm manner. The fact that he could step in and take on somewhat of a leadership role in a group of girls that barely knew him and 3 days later they are completely in love with him, is beyond me. He gained their love and respect, and he didn't demand it, he earned it and deserved it.
He is an amazing, kind, giving, and patient person, and someone that I truly look up to. When I was so fed up with the girls at times that I just got annoyed and walked away, or was so frustrated that I took it out on Josh, I would look back at him, and there he was working it all out, with all the patience that I couldn't find.
I told him on the drive home, how much I appreciated him being there, and that I really fell in love with him more each day that I saw him with all of my friends, and how he handled all of those situations. He continued to receive texts from Divisi on the trip back about how much they missed him and appreciated him, as well. It's really something when a group of 13 other women who also happen to be your friends all like, no... love your fiance. I think it says something about who you're marrying, and I realized, again, for the 80 millionth time, how amazing the man I get to marry is.
He's more patient than I will ever be, has more love in his heart than I thought he did, and is really, truly, my better half.
What did he do that was so amazing, you ask?... Well, he volunteered himself to drive a 15 passenger van full of 11 college aged girls, me and one other girl followed in our car, all the way down to and around LA! That in itself was enough for me to love him and appreciate him even more than I already did, but he did it with more patience than I could ever dream of having. He stayed calm in situations, he problem solved and figured things out, and took control of situations that needed a leader, and all 13 of them still loved him! All the girls just fell in love with him, and he had way more fun than he thought he would.
I just couldn't get over how much better of a person he is than I will ever be when it comes to having patience and solving problems in a calm manner. The fact that he could step in and take on somewhat of a leadership role in a group of girls that barely knew him and 3 days later they are completely in love with him, is beyond me. He gained their love and respect, and he didn't demand it, he earned it and deserved it.
He is an amazing, kind, giving, and patient person, and someone that I truly look up to. When I was so fed up with the girls at times that I just got annoyed and walked away, or was so frustrated that I took it out on Josh, I would look back at him, and there he was working it all out, with all the patience that I couldn't find.
I told him on the drive home, how much I appreciated him being there, and that I really fell in love with him more each day that I saw him with all of my friends, and how he handled all of those situations. He continued to receive texts from Divisi on the trip back about how much they missed him and appreciated him, as well. It's really something when a group of 13 other women who also happen to be your friends all like, no... love your fiance. I think it says something about who you're marrying, and I realized, again, for the 80 millionth time, how amazing the man I get to marry is.
He's more patient than I will ever be, has more love in his heart than I thought he did, and is really, truly, my better half.
No comments:
Post a Comment