129 days and counting! I can't believe the big day is getting so close. We have been getting a lot done in the last few weeks, but we still have a lot to do.
Josh and I went and bought his suit at Macy's last week, and were also able order all of the groomsmens matching ties! Josh looks so handsome in his suit and I think he's pretty happy with it.
My mom and I have been working a lot on getting everything prepared to make the invitations. It will definitely be a long process but I think it will be worth it in the end financially. We've also been working on getting all of the decorations and everything together as well. So much work and so many little details.
I've also finalized everything with the florist and have that all done, which was a big thing that I wanted to get worked out.
Josh and I also went to Salem last weekend to meet with Dan, who will be the officiant at our wedding, to figure out the ceremony and how we're going to want everything to go. It was really great to get that all worked out, and was actually really exciting to think about the actual ceremony and how amazing it's going to be. I'm getting kind of nervous about our vows. We've decided to write our own, and as amazing as it will be, I still have to write them, and I don't even know where to start!
That same day I also went to the bridal shop where I got my dress to meet with alterations, and also pick out my jewelry. They had a trunk show there that day for a woman named Meg who has a line called MEG Jewelry, and she was there that day and helped me pick out the jewelry I will wear on my wedding day. It was all so beautiful, and I found the perfect set of earrings and a necklace. I also ended up buying my veil and ordering my shoes that day. I got a lot done, and it felt good to have all the things I needed done for me out of the way.
It's amazing to me that I had no idea how much work would go into planning a wedding! It's all going to be worth it in the end, I know, but I just wish it wasn't so stressful. I want to pull my hair out and cry some days, but I remind myself that this wedding is something I will only get to do once, and I should cherish this time, as crazy as it all is.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You can do it! It's so fun to plan and when you're on your honeymoon you won't remember the stress or how everything went perfectly... You remember the "mistakes" and it's definitely the best part!! It's all in how you handle it. We had a tornado warning for a destination beach wedding. You won't have anything to worry about! ;)
ReplyDelete