My dress is here, my dress is HERE! I just got a call yesterday that my wedding gown came in to the shop and I get to go try it on and have my first fitting! Eeeeee! I'm so excited! My mom and I made an appointment for next Wednesday morning to go see and try it on, and I can't wait! MY dress for MY wedding, ahhh!
We also got our save the dates all sent out in the mail the other day. Josh and I went to the post office together to put all the stamps on them and we had them all in a stack ready to go, and we opened the door to the mail box together, and set them in, and I looked at him and asked, "Ready?", and then we closed the door. We both got really excited about it, even though we were both at the same time a little nervous. Not nervous to get married, like I told him the other day, I'd marry him tomorrow if I could, but nervous because now the wedding's really going to happen. I have to have a whole wedding planned in almost 5 months... there's no turning back now. The deadline has been set!
Besides being busy planning the wedding, Josh and I are also still both busy working our jobs, and picking up as many extra shifts to save as much as we can before the wedding. We've also recently been talking about looking into and getting more information to buy a house. With this $8000 tax credit we kind of feel like it'd be pretty stupid of us to not at least look into seeing if it's even a possibility. So wish us luck! We're going to be contacting a lender soon to see if this can really happen and how much we're approved for! I hope we can, because it'd be so nice to be able to have a house that's all our own and start our married life settled in our own home : )
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Check in to an FHA loan. They are comparable to other loans, but you can get a low down payment (3.5%) vs. 10 or 20% for traditional loans, and the interest rate is the same. I think for Lane county, the max for a house with an FHA loan is somewhere around 240K, so as long as the house you wants comes in under that, you should be golden :) But not all lenders to FHA, so it's worthwhile to check. Yay for possibly home shopping!
ReplyDelete