
Hey everyone, I just wanted to start this so that I could keep everyone updated on all of the engagement details, wedding dates and plans, and anything else going on!
I guess we'll start with last Sunday...
I woke up thinking it was just your average Sunday and we had plans to go out to lunch with our good friends Josh and Jaime Reiswig. I got up, sent her a text to make sure we were still on for lunch, and hopped in the shower. We were planning on meeting them at 1pm and at about 12:45 I got a text from Jaime saying her son, Tyris was fussy and needed to take a nap, and asked if we could meet later. I told that was fine of course, and Josh asked what I wanted to do the rest of the day. He suggested we go look at the cars at the car dealership we went to yesterday, and made a quick phone call while I finished getting ready. Apparently, the guy was busy (he didn't even call anyone, although he made it very believable, I was standing there listening to him talk to no one) and couldn't meet until later, so he asked if I wanted to do something else and I said I had an idea!
Now, just to fill you in, I had been very sick with the flu all week leading up until Sunday, but woke up feeling great that morning and it was so beautiful that day that I thought it'd be a great idea to take the dog for a walk. I didn't say anything but when I walked in the room he had the dog leash in his hand! We ironically had the same idea. So we were about to leave and I realized I forgot to put on make up that day, and I asked him if I could real quick. Normally if we were actually taking the dog for a walk, he would've said no, but this day, he protested for show, but let me ; )
We got out the door and he forgot his sunglasses, which I later found out was him getting the ring, and came back out. We took our time and walked and talked our way to a park that's near our house. We got there and let Tucker off of his leash and let him run around. We were standing there talking about just random stuff enjoying the beautiful day, while Tucker just ran around in the grass. Josh pulled me in for a hug and looked down at me and said, "Thanks for being so patient." I asked him, "For what?", and he said, "With the whole proposal thing, I know you're probably getting tired of waiting." I kind of shrugged and said, "Well, yeah...", and that's when he said, "Me too." As soon as he said that, all in the span of a second, my head snapped up at him, my eyes got wide, I stuttered out a, "what?", and I think my heart stopped too. And then, he got down on one knee...
Now apparently, from Josh's point of view this is when things went black. He says as soon as his knee hit the ground, his vision went black, and his eyes rolled back in his head, lol. Luckily, I couldn't see any of this because of his sunglasses, and it only lasted a second and then he started talking. I don't remember everything he said, and there's a part in the middle that neither of us can remember because it's all kind of a blur but, here's the jist:
"Megan, we've been together for 3 years, and after all we've been through, all of the trials and tribulations, I always knew that I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life.... *big blur that is either words we can't remember, or now we're starting to think that it just felt longer than it actually was*... I know there aren't any a cappella groups, or fireworks, or sunsets on the coast, it's just you, me, and the boy, in the park, by our first house, where we started our lives together. *Then he pulled out the ring* Megan, will you continue to make me the happiest man I've ever been for the rest of my life?"
I then of course, through tears and a huge smile said yes! We hugged and kissed and it felt like for that instant we were the only people in the world. It was just so quiet in that park, and it was really nice just to enjoy being with each other afterwards. And then the fun began... I began jumping up and down, and squeeling like a little girl, and put on the ring.
We started walking back to our house, and I tried to start texting and calling family and friends but he didn't let me... and I knew why as soon as I opened the front door of our house to find our whole family there! He had called our parents and siblings, our friends Josh and Jaime were there, Jaime was in on the whole thing, and they all yelled congratulations as I opened the door. I was so overwhelmed that I threw my sunglasses out of my hands and tried to walk in but just turned around back out the door and started crying.
My mom was the first one to meet me out there, crying as well, and gave me a huge hug. Then the chain of hugs and "congratulations" and the "oohs and aahs" over the ring began! It was so wonderful! My mom also brought sparkling cider and all four parents made toasts, and they all made me cry even more. All very heartfelt and meaningful, and just showed me that my make up does not stand a CHANCE on our wedding day : )
After, all the crying and talking and laughing, we all went out to Red Robin and enjoyed a lunch together. It was great to have our families all together, and to see how well our families blend and how blessed we are to have each other's families.
The day was perfect. More than I could've asked for : ) We're both very excited for the wedding and all of the planning leading up to it. So far we're working on looking at venues so we can get a date set and then we'll keep going from there! We're hoping for something outside on the Mckensie River, but someplace that has the option for an indoor reception. If anyone has any ideas, let us know! We'll keep you all updated with the plans and stuff! Hope you enjoy reading all about it!
yay!!! I am so freakin' happy for you two!!!
ReplyDeleteYEEEEE. this made me so happy just now. <3
ReplyDelete