
Well, we have a date! We're booking the date at the Riverbend Resort this week! I'm so relieved to have that done and out of the way. It was hard. We found so many beautiful places, but most of them were either out of our price range, or too small, or didn't have what we were looking for, and while the Riverbend Resort isn't perfect, it's pretty darn close, and for the price we're getting it for, we'll take it!
It's just outside of Harrisburg, and it's right on the river. It's really pretty, and the outside isn't quite what we pictured for the ceremony bu the inside for the reception is perfect! Plus it's a resort so it has 10 rooms that come at a discount to us plus 9 others for people to rent, AND a complimentary suite for Josh and I the night of the wedding! I'm very excited! We still have a few more questions and details to iron out, but as of right now, that's the plan.

Other happy news, I found my dress already! I went to the Oregon Wedding Showcase with my mom, my sister and maid of honor, Beth, and one of my bridesmaids, Jaime, and we had so much fun. I really wasn't planning on try ing on a dress at all because I had only been engaged for like, a week, and didn't feel it was necessary yet, but then I saw one on a manequin and decided why not? It was perfect! I loved it from the second I put it on. I decided to try on a few otheres but ended up coming back to that one. I was crying, my mom, and Beth and Jaime were crying... it was very special. We bought and ordered it that day. The awesome thing is, is the bridal shop is in Salem so Carla and Elizabeth, Josh's mom and sister, can come to all the fittings and everything! It's very exciting!
I have pictures for anyone who wants to see, just send me your email address! But please do NOT post them anywhere online... the last thing I want is for Josh to them before the wedding ; )

Josh and I also had our engagement party last night which was so so much fun! Our wonderful friends, Haley, Johanna, and Rachelle hosted a wonderful evening for us, and our friend Courtney flew out from Utah and surprised me! It was so great!
So far I'm really enjoying the whole experience, and I'll try to keep you all uupdated as best as I can! Oh! If anyone has any recommendations or
Just remember, the venue, the dress, the catering, the flowers, etc, is not what makes the day perfect. Something will inevitably go wrong. But the love you two share for each other, and the vows you take together that day is what will make it the most perfect day.
ReplyDelete