Friday, October 16, 2009

Sleep? Nah...

So, it's literally 5 days into our engagement and I'm already a wee overwhelmed, lol. I had no idea how much planning I needed to get done like, RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND! I've been going to sleep at about 3 or 4am every night this week just because I can't seem to peel myself away from the computer, looking stuff up, or stop making lists, or just shut my brain off when I'm in bed trying to fall asleep!

I don't know how people plan weddings in less time than this! Places don't allow it anymore! You really have to book like at LEAST 9 months in advance if not a year... it's crazy!

We've found a few great places though. Actually, my dad did : ) Both of my parents have been such great help over the past couple of days already, but my dad especially, just because it's so unexpected I guess, is being so cute. I'll get phone calls daily, or texts, or emails, of places that he's found online at work that he thinks I'll like and he'll send me the website or tell me all about it. And just this morning he called to tell me there's a wedding showcase this weekend at the Lane County Event Center and he saw it on the paper, and he gave me all the info, and told me I should go with my mom! He's being so great! They both are!

So, it looks like we're looking at a place hopefully this weekend just outside of Harrisburg on the river and maybe a couple of other places, but it looks like we're shooting for Saturday, August 21st, 2010. It's very exciting!

It's nice that even with all the "stressful" planning we get to do fun planning too, like just tonight I asked three of our friends from On the Rocks, Jonah Seitz, Nick Firth, and Josh Heying if they'd sing the song that I'll walk down the aisle to. They gladly said yes, which made me very happy. It's going to mean so much to us to have all of our friends involved in our wedding in so many different ways.

Our other friend, Erik Maurer, has already been asked to accompany them on the guitar for that song, along with the processional for the wedding party, and another song before that. We also have our friends involved in other musical aspects that you'll all find out about later ; ) It's actually the one thing that Josh and I had all planned out before the engagement. I suppose it's because music is such a big part of our lives and something we share together, so naturally it will play a big part in our wedding.

Well, after typing all of this, I'm amazingly but thankfully tired! So, before I catch my second wind, I'm going to go to sleep. Wish me luck this weekend at the showcase and the place in Harrisburg! Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Lol. you are so cute! We are so happy for you guys! Go to weddingchannel.com, it has a ton of helpful calendars and checklists of things to get done and when. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete