So, on Sunday night Josh and I were invited to his mom, Carla's house for dinner with the family because his sister, Elizabeth's fiance, Mark's mum and step-dad were in town from London. We already don't get that many opportunities to drive to Salem to see his mom all that often, let alone have the opportunity so spend time and get to know Mark's family, so we were both going to try really hard to go and see them.
Josh unfortunately couldn't get the night off from work, so I decided to go up by myself. Now, I'm not one for driving... alone, especially at night, and even more when I'm tired. It was tough, and I had to slap myself to keep myself awake on the way there, but I have never been more happy to have made that drive than I was that night.
I had such a wonderful time with his whole family! Honestly, I was a little nervous, because even though I've known his family for about 3 years now, I've never spent time with them without Josh, but as soon as I got there I realized, there was absolutely no reason for nerves.
I know I already knew this about them, but they are all the most amazingly sweet, and caring family I've ever met. I just love them all, and it was so wonderful to be able to spend time with them because I left that night feeling so extremely blessed to be marrying into such an incredible family.
I really do just love his mom, and she's always been so sweet to me, and his sister is amazing and so sweet too. The rest of his family that was there, his Aunt Rosie, Unlce John, Grandma Barbara, cousin Faye and her kids Taylor and Jack, his step-dad Gary, and then of course, Mark and his lovely family, Jean and John, are really, truly all amazing people, and it's so wonderful that we're all going to be one family now.
I don't know what it was about this night that made me realize all of this, because I've always known his family was amazing. Not only his mom's side, but also his dad, Brad and his step-mom, Donna, and that whole side of the family. Since the beginning they have all been so wonderful to me and welcomed me in with open arms. I guess it was just the fact that I didn't have Josh there, and it was just me getting to talk to each person individually rather than Josh and I as a team, and maybe it was the fact that I got to really see how open and inviting they were to just me... I don't know. It just really hit me though, that these people are amazing, and they're letting me be a part of this amazing family they have.
I've always had a big family, who are all so loving and supportive, but it's just really and truly a blessing to get to add to that big family, and know that these people that were strangers to me just 3 years ago, are now a part of me and who I will become, and be a part of me and Josh, and our children's lives forever. It's really just so special, and I really do just feel so blessed.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you don't find this inappropriate, but I too loved his family. You are so sweet and will fit in really well with them. They truly are some of the most loving people in the whole world!!! :)
ReplyDelete